Executive Assistant and Project Coordinator
Founded in 2017, Monica Motivates, LLC is a woman-owned business that offers education and consulting services to women and underrepresented entrepreneurs, corporations, and non-profit organizations. Founder and CEO, Monica McCoy, is a highly sought-after award-winning global speaker, business strategist, and consultant. Monica Motivates, LLC works to close the opportunity gap for entrepreneurs created due to a lack of education, resources, and funding in underrepresented communities. monicamotivates.com
Monica Motivates, LLC is seeking an executive assistant and project coordinator to work directly with the Founder and CEO. The individual will be responsible for providing executive support on a one-to-one basis, as well support associated activities related to clients and the Executive Team. Individuals who are creative and enjoy working within a small entrepreneurial team, that is mission-driven, results driven, and purpose oriented, will excel in this role. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
We provide equality of opportunity and do not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces our values and reflects our purpose, and these are reflected in the way we work, our policies and practices and the principles by which we operate.
The Key Responsibilities
Responsible for a wide range of administrative and project related activities including;
- Coordinating an active calendar of appointments, composing and preparing correspondence, arranging detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Planning, coordinating, and ensuring that the CEO’s schedule is managed effectively, by providing gatekeeper and gateway support.
- Communicating directly, and on behalf of the CEO with team members, clients, and others on matters specifically designated by the CEO.
- Working closely with the CEO keeping them well informed of upcoming commitments, deliverables, and responsibilities, and following up appropriately to meet deadlines.
- Successfully completing critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach including drafting correspondence, managing conflicting needs. Manage regular cadence of meetings, including meeting agenda management and action planning follow-up.
- Lead and assist with project work as required.
- Acting as the primary point of contact for internal and external clients, and stakeholders.
- Manage key storage and document management drives, sources of data and company systems associated with client management, invoicing, and company information.
The Core Capabilities
This is a fast-paced growing business and requires someone who can work independently, manage multiple tasks and activities, work under pressure at times, coordinate projects from conception to completion and work to strict deadlines.
- A self-starer, who demonstrates a professional and positive attitude, with strong attention to detail; organizational and time management skills needed within the role
- Creative problem solver, multi-tasker, with an optimistic attitude, mature judgment, and willingness to be a strong team player
- Ability to work in a remote team-oriented environment; create and sustain strong working relationships with remote staff using video conferencing, chat platforms, and instant messaging
- Excellent communication skills (in-person, email, phone, providing status reports updates, strong writing skills, proficiency with remote meetings using videoconferencing software)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively partner with external vendors
- Great problem-solving skills and ability to complete tasks while learning
- Motivated by helping others perform at highest levels in service of the organization and its mission
- Reliable, able to adapt to changes in priorities, structures, tasks, and goals
- Strong record-keeping & document management skills
- Strong collaborator with comfort using shared documents and daily check-ins to accomplish the organizational goals. This includes superb task management skills, database entry and creating and managing spreadsheets.
- Proficient in Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Educational and Other Key Criteria
A bachelor’s degree is preferred, and the individual should have a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role or position. This role is a critical full-time employee role with the Monica Motivates team. The individual will work from the Monica Motivates office in Atlanta, GA. Hours of operation are 8am – 5pm EST, Monday through Friday.
The position is an Executive Assistant and Project Coordinator role, where the individual will have the opportunity to engage in a wide-ranging set of activities and offers the opportunity for people to grow and develop within the organization. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that actively seeks people who provide different perspectives, thoughts, and ideas.
The Application Process
To apply, please send by May 16 the following:
- Brief cover letter
- Resume that includes contact details for two references, one of whom would ideally be an employer
Early application is encouraged to ensure that you are considered in the review process.