Q&A: Nadine Marsh Coleman, Chief Executive Officer at SERVPRO® of Panthersville
1. In a few sentences tell us a little about your business — the clients you serve and the services you provide.
SERVPRO® of Panthersville is a service-oriented company. Our company provides 24-hour emergency services to remedy water, fire, and storm damages, bio-hazard cleanup, demolition, and mold remediation for residential, governmental, and commercial customers. As such, our emergency service allows us to respond immediately to our customers’ emergencies and provide them with outstanding service.
2. Describe the moment you decided to start your business and what was the inspiration behind it?
I had a corporate job and I decided that I would start my own business as a SERVPRO® Franchise. Reason being, after doing research on the Restoration Industry, the success rate of a SERVPRO® Franchise was superior to all other competitors.
3. All great businesses, at their core, are providing solutions to life’s challenges. What challenges does your business aim to solve for your customers/clients?
Our current challenge is that we are short-staffed, which is a similar issue several companies face. However, we may use temporary labor on a few jobs to ensure that we can provide our services to our customers.
4. What does being a founder/entrepreneur mean to you?
Being an entrepreneur means working on the business for growth potential rather than working in the business. My goal is to meet with key decision makers to secure more businesses and contracts from commercial and governmental entities.
5. We know that founders of color face a number of challenges in not only creating but successfully operating their own business. As efforts are made nationally and globally to address racial inequity across industries, what role do you believe founders of color can have?
Founders of color can form cohorts like the services provided by Monica Motivates, LLC to educate, motivate, and emphasize the importance of diversity and equality to everyone. Also, they can provide opportunities to pitch our businesses to key decision makers for growth potentials.
6. Is there a founder of color, historically or present day, who inspires you? And why?
Martin Luther King is a founder of color who inspires me because he fought diligently for equal rights and diversity.
7. What’s your one piece of advice to someone who dreams of becoming a founder/entrepreneur?
My advice to someone who aspires to become an entrepreneur is that there will be a lot of work to be done initially to attain goals and obstacles to overcome. However, there is a light at the end of the tunnel when the entrepreneur becomes successful and can delegate tasks to others.
Learn more about SERVPRO® of Panthersville by visiting their website: servpropanthersville.com.